Re: C-Bus Course

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] C-Bus Course

> > So should I buy it?  I don't think so.  For me personally, it
just isn't
> > worth it.
>
> If you don't want to spend any more then you're left with X10 and it's
> problems, which is where we started.
>
> M.

Not quite.  I'm not the OP of the thread, I just chipped in with my
experiences of X10, to make people aware of the problems caused by the
communication delays.  I certainly haven't been singing the praises of X10,
or claiming it to be superior to C-Bus.

For me, X10 will work, with the addition of a couple of homemade modules -
and I'm perfectly comfortable with that.

For the OP, the C-Bus system may well be the answer, since (IIRC) his wife
won't be happy with X10's out-of-the-box performance

Mal