Re: C-Bus Course

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] C-Bus Course

> > I also agree with the cost issues, I think that CBus is slightly
more
> > expensive than a similar X10 system but better value for money if
you
> > consider all aspects of the products.
>
> Exactly.
>
> M.

If anything, it should be cheaper than X10.  A relay board with 12 relays
mounted on it would normally be expected to be a lot cheaper than an
equivalent 12 individual relay modules.  The units are hard wired together
and require only low bandwidth (ie simple and cheap) interfaces.

Just because it works better, doesn't mean it should cost more (or is worth
more) than the old-technology it aims to replace.

The only reason for the price point is the belief that most HA consumers
have large disposable incomes - it has no relation to the system's
functionality, or the cost of designing and manufacturing it..

Mal