C-Bus Course

I attended the first course after Niall's departure.

There were a few teething problems, including accommodation...

Having played with X-10 for a number of years I was looking for
something more robust. I could not convince my wife that X-10 had
benefits over traditional switches, this was caused, in the main, by the
time delays that have been discussed.

CBus is great, I am a fan. However, on the downside there is no central
control. I currently use Homeseer with X10 which I think is great. If I
could integrate CBus with Homeseer I would have everything I want, at
least until I thought of something else.

The architecture of CBus, distributed rather than central control, is
also its strength. With careful planning there is no single point of
failure (Supply of Bus power needs careful planning).

Attending the course is well worthwhile, if only to understand the
limitations of the logic and the various switches available...

I also agree with the cost issues, I think that CBus is slightly more
expensive than a similar X10 system but better value for money if you
consider all aspects of the products.

I am lucky to be doing a new build so fitting is easy, retrofitting
would be more involved although they are developing a set of compatible
wireless products.

HTH

Nigel

http://primrosecottage.no-ip.com