Re: C-Bus Course

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] C-Bus Course

> > Just because it works better, doesn't mean it should cost more
(or is
> worth
> > more) than the old-technology it aims to replace.
>
> Mal...now you're baffling me completely.    I can't see your logic
here at
> all.  X10 has lots of problems which is where we started.  C-Bus is
better,
> does away with most of those problems and is a bit more expensive.
It's
> that simple.
>
> If you like it, you need it, you can afford it, then buy it.  If not
and
you
> want to stick with X10 then do so.
>
> M.

I'll try to clarify then :-)

Do I like it?  We'll it's OK, but it doesn't do all that much for the
money,

Do I need it?  Strictly speaking, no.  I'm sure I can make my own X10
modules, and since it's not the powerline that's causing problems, but the
way the modules interact with the lightswitches, I'm sure I can come up
with
something that does what I want.

Can I afford it?  Certainly.  But I'd rather spend on a fancy AV setup than
on an improved dimmer switch!

So should I buy it?  I don't think so.  For me personally, it just isn't
worth it.

Mal