Re: Starting over

On 7/13/2012 12:09 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Couple years back, I tried with Insteon under mControl.   The
> reason was that some X10 modules that control outdoor floodlights
> were turning on for no discoverable reason and, assuming it was
> some sort of noise in the system,  I was hoping Insteon might be
> less susceptible.
>
> But I could not get to first base controlling the Insteon stuff
> from mControl.   I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I do
> write computer apps for a living and I put quite a bit of time
> into it.
>
> Maybe it's better today.    I'd certainly like to hear from
> somebody who says so bc I've still got some applications that I
> would like to implement.

Sounds like a bunch of us here are pretty much in the same shoes with
X-10 devices. Which also means we are probably all retired, right? :-(
If I started replacing the X-10 devices I would definitely choose
something that could also be controlled remotely via the Internet, just
like these new IP cameras.