Re: New X-10 whole house music system

"DGDevin" <DGDevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:l62dnTiq0OgO5d7TnZ2dnUVZ_o2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Robert Green"  wrote in message news:j1bo8e$fv4$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > I would like to have an RF whole house audio system if it can deliver
> > without buzzing and scratching but the ad copy leaves too much
unexplained
> > (at least for me, and maybe because I'm dense!).  So I am looking for
> > anyone
> > who's used this system either before or after X-10 started selling it.
> > Anyone know a better or cheaper place to buy?
>
> You are right to be suspicious, they make claims that are at best silly,
> like "better than CD sound quality".  That is deceptive, as you cannot add
> quality to an audio signal, it can never be any better than the source so
it
> wouldn't matter if their system was 24-bit or 48-bit, it's not going to
> sound any better than a 16-bit CD.  Once a company establishes that they
are
> willing to fling manure like that I find it very hard to trust anything
else
> they have to say.

Yes, that caught my eye, too.  I thought Blu-Ray audio was "better than CD
quality" using a much higher bitrate.  After reading through the various
specs here:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/1064

I am more confused than ever and suspect I can't hear (and might not want
to) the wonderful, full range of "better than CD."  I thought they were
implying they could transmit and amplify output from a Blu-Ray device
without sound degradation.

But even if they were, the rest of the site seemed to talk in a language
I've only known vaporware vendors to speak.  And that's enough to queer the
sale.

--
Bobby G.