Re: New X-10 whole house music system

"Robert Green"  wrote in message news:j1bo8e$fv4$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I would like to have an RF whole house audio system if it can deliver
> without buzzing and scratching but the ad copy leaves too much unexplained
> (at least for me, and maybe because I'm dense!).  So I am looking for
> anyone
> who's used this system either before or after X-10 started selling it.
> Anyone know a better or cheaper place to buy?

You are right to be suspicious, they make claims that are at best silly,
like "better than CD sound quality".  That is deceptive, as you cannot add
quality to an audio signal, it can never be any better than the source so it
wouldn't matter if their system was 24-bit or 48-bit, it's not going to
sound any better than a 16-bit CD.  Once a company establishes that they are
willing to fling manure like that I find it very hard to trust anything else
they have to say.