Re: New X-10 whole house music system

On 8/3/2011 10:54 AM, Robert Green wrote:
> Anyone have any "hands on" experience with one of these?
>
> http://www.x10.com/audio_distribution/encore_audio_distribution.html?TARG
>
> "The brains behind the Encore System is the Distribution Hub, featuring
> DIGI-5 technology, a groundbreaking, end-to-end solution. With DIGI-5
> technology, Analog audio signals are converted to a high quality 24-bit
> digital format at the Source Input Wall, delivering high quality digital
> audio from multiple sources to different rooms."
>
> I would like to have an RF whole house audio system if it can deliver
> without buzzing and scratching but the ad copy leaves too much unexplained
> (at least for me, and maybe because I'm dense!).  So I am looking for anyone
> who's used this system either before or after X-10 started selling it.
> Anyone know a better or cheaper place to buy?

Don't know anything about it but I bought this about 5 years ago
(http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/4spsewvoco.html).  It has
connections for 6 separate speaker systems/volume controls.  I hook my
stereo up to it and my computer, CD/DVD, radio and tape player are all
hooked up to the stereo.  Works great, no buzzing or scratching.  You
need to wire everything up though.   Only cost $150.  Thats what I paid
6/2006.  Still the same price, and I am very happy with it.

--
Jack
Got Change: Trickle up Poverty!