X-10 RF home automation being overwhelmed by M2 OFF, C2 OFF and Gxx DIM signals

Howdy all,

Slowly but surely, my X-10 RF reception is being knocked out by endless
streams of these commands broadcast on different days at different times.

M2 OFFs
C2 OFFs
Gxx DIMs

At first, when only C2 OFFs appeared, I searched in vain for a stuck
transmitter button or some other internal cause.  I could find none.  The
problem occurred with TM751's, the WGL all-house code unit and with RR501's,
too.  Setting the WGL to ignore those three housecodes was all but useless -
the constant strong signal overwhelmed any X-10 transmitter not within a
foot or less of the transceiver.   This interference started out slowly over
time, and now forces me to shutdown the RF section of my X-10 system almost
daily.

I'm in the Washington, DC area.  Has anyone else seen anything similar?  Any
ideas where to look for the transmission source.  Could the RF signal "ride"
the powerlines that an X-10 transmitter could receive?  Even putting the
receiver in a metal coffee can doesn't seem to point to a potential source
of the signal.  It seems to be very uniformly distributed throughout the
house.  If I can't get it to stop, I'll have to hardwire a lot of things I'd
rather not.  )-:

TIA for any help.

--
Bobby G.