Re: X-10 RF home automation being overwhelmed by M2 OFF, C2 OFF and Gxx DIM signals

On Aug 29, 10:06=A0am, "Robert Green" <robert_green1...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> Slowly but surely, my X-10 RF reception is being knocked out by endless
> streams of these commands broadcast on different days at different times.
>
> M2 OFFs
> C2 OFFs
> Gxx DIMs
>
> At first, when only C2 OFFs appeared, I searched in vain for a stuck
> transmitter button or some other internal cause. =A0I could find none. =
=A0The
> problem occurred with TM751's, the WGL all-house code unit and with RR501=
's,
> too. =A0Setting the WGL to ignore those three housecodes was all but usel=
ess -
> the constant strong signal overwhelmed any X-10 transmitter not within a
> foot or less of the transceiver. =A0 This interference started out slowly=
 over
> time, and now forces me to shutdown the RF section of my X-10 system almo=
st
> daily.
>
> I'm in the Washington, DC area. =A0Has anyone else seen anything similar?=
 =A0Any
> ideas where to look for the transmission source. =A0Could the RF signal "=
ride"
> the powerlines that an X-10 transmitter could receive? =A0Even putting th=
> receiver in a metal coffee can doesn't seem to point to a potential sourc=
> of the signal. =A0It seems to be very uniformly distributed throughout th=
> house. =A0If I can't get it to stop, I'll have to hardwire a lot of thing=
s I'd
> rather not. =A0)-:
>
> TIA for any help.
>
> --
> Bobby G.

If you could capture the raw RF signal using the techniques shown on
my website it might help identify the source.

     http://davehouston.org/learn.htm

Who supplies your electricity? Have they recently installed new meters
that can be read remotely? I've seen a few reports of problems from
some metering systems although nothing similar to what you are
experiencing.

Is there any pattern as to when it occurs?