Re: R.I.P. Robert L. Bass

Well said.

I have also found people slamming me, insulting me, and rabble rousing
others to killfilter me etc.. only to find some quoting the very statements
that "raised the dander" in other groups.

It's over. some won and some lost, in their own heads.

On the other hand, it wasn't Petem who started this thread. And I
daresay if no one had started the thread it wouldn't have been him or
any of those who are adversely commenting on this subject who would
have started it. Who ever stated it had to know that it was going to
go in this direction. If they didn't ..... well ..... then .... they
never learned a damn thing over the past 13 years. Some are going to
"forgive" Bass and some aren't.  So what the fuck are you all going to
do?  Argue over the next 13 years whether that's ok or not?

It's over.  No one is ever going to change what happened. Some things
never get resolved. This is certainly one that isn't important enough
to start another revolution in ASA about. Not being able to resolve
this subject will never affect anything that will or can ever happen
here from this point forward.

Let it go. there's nothing to gain or lose by trying to convince
someone of something that they don't believe.
How much "over" does something have to be to finally let it go.?

Let me give you an example. Bob C and I have been at each others
throats for a long time. I'm sure I haven't convinced him nor he me to
give up our points of view. Now, we talk and just don't mention the
other shit. That's ok with me and it seems ok with him. "Liking" each
other doesn't come into the equation.