Re: Which X-10 Module To Use?

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 01:45:44 +0000 (UTC), David White
<whitedavidp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello. My wife is starting to get ready for the holiday lights already
> since it is growing darker, faster here in the Northwest. I tried using
> both a standard X-10 lamp module and a newer X-10 appliance module
> (without local control) to control a string of LED christmas style
> lights. It seems that with both modules, even with the turned off, the
> LED lights still glow at a low level. When turned on, the brightness is
> significantly higher. But when turned off, my wife wants them OFF. Is
> there a module that will handle this properly? Thanks

I had that exact problem with strings of the new LED Christmas lights. I just
lived with it. But if you need to kill them dead when off then you might try
adding a small incandescent night light to the module's output, although I
can't promise it will work as I never tried it. http://tinyurl.com/2ft4ttt

Tony