Which X-10 Module To Use?

Hello. My wife is starting to get ready for the holiday lights already
since it is growing darker, faster here in the Northwest. I tried using
both a standard X-10 lamp module and a newer X-10 appliance module
(without local control) to control a string of LED christmas style
lights. It seems that with both modules, even with the turned off, the
LED lights still glow at a low level. When turned on, the brightness is
significantly higher. But when turned off, my wife wants them OFF. Is
there a module that will handle this properly? Thanks