Re: Fail-safe for keyless entry

"Josepi" <J.R.M.@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:YX1An.261980$K81.121235@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Perhaps well placed holes with a paper hole punch may may the button
> pressing more available??
>
> Heat shrink can become brittle after a while with the heat exposure and
> maybe UV?? Slit and replace every year or so?

I have enough tubing to do a fleet of fobs, so when it starts to go, I'll
just slit and replace, as you suggest.  The only problem I see now is that
the silver pen writing on the heat shrink will wear off very quickly.  I am
going to see if I can find white shrink tubing in the 1.5" size so I can
write on it with an indelible Sharpie.

It turns out that a second layer of heat-shrink tubing did the trick.  I
tried to accidentally activate the unit and it only responds to direct
pressure now.  Sweet!

Now, if only I had thought of replacing the battery before I put the shrink
tubing on.  D'oh!

Now I won't have the neighbors asking why I left the doors open and the ramp
down all night.  Ironically, when I leave it parked in the driveway, it's
impossible to see from the window or the CCTV cams whether the door is wide
open.  It's on the opposite side and the rear windows are tinted.   Three
cheers for Usenet and for Pete who came up with the heat shrink tubing.
Honorable mention goes to Josephi for the tape solution which had the same
idea using electrical tape, only slightly messier.  (-:

--
Bobby G.