Re: VU1 ESL bulbs with HA dimmers?

ginchinchili had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/homeautomation/Re-VU1-ESL-bulbs-with-HA-dimmers-18555-.htm
 :
aloe65, I've seen this exact same post in a few different places, all of
them on threads commenting about Vu1. Sounds like SPAM to me, or are you
just feeling as if Vu1 is a threat to your PureSpectrum investment?

Not only is this spaming, but you're not telling the truth, i.e., you're
misleading people. PureSpectrum's bulbs are not fully dimmable, and I know
you know that. They dim down to about 10%, then flicker off, which is
about the same as most dimmable CFLs. I've seen 3 different videos of
PureSpectrum's bulbs being dimmed and each one cuts off the camera just
before they are finished dimming. And I should point out that Vu1's bulbs
ARE FULLY dimmable, just like an incandescent.

Furthermore, you can't validate any sales by Vu1 and yet you'd have these
people believing that people are "buying them up in droves." That's simply
not true. Right now you couldn't produce one bit of evidence that verifies
that PureSpectrum has any sales, except for a press release put out by a
company run by a man, Tony Golden, who owns 20 million shares of
PureSpectrum. But you can't produce anything verifiable.

Also, according to the S-4 they filed w/the SEC on Sept 3, they haven't
completed developing the prototype for their ballasts, much less selling
them. Nor do they have any funding and they're burning through money. This
company's in bad shape and you're freaking out because the stock's been
dropping and you're losing money.

If you're going to SPAM, at least stick with the truth.

    ******   ******   *******  =============================
   *******  *******  *******  ============
  **   **  **   **  *    **   (  |
 **   **  **   **       **  ____/
*******  *******       **
******   ******       **

-------------------------------------

http://forums.cabling-design.com/homeautomation/VU1-ESL-bulbs-with-HA-dimmers-18550-.htm
>  :
> Pure Spectrum has now patented a CFL build that is fully dimmable(no
> flicker or dying out), instant on, cold to the touch, highest power
> factor(.96), and the energy usage is proportional to the dimming level,
> the light output is that of an incandescent and the price will be in
> the
> $4-$6 range. This is the answer to the NEW CFL!

> The have numerous patents and are manufacturing and filling orders now
> worldwide. Utility companies are buying them up in the droves for their
> free distribution program. The utility companies love them because it
> costs them less to deliver the power to these bulbs due to the
> extremely
> High Power Factor. ...which means the utility companies charge you
> less!

> The also have a dimmable ballast for linear fluorescents(yes, you will
> be
> able to dim fluorescents), also at a fraction of the cost of normal
> ballast due to the fewer parts that they use in the ballast. This will
> be
> huge, imagine a high rise office building in which the fluorescent
> lights
> dim with the amount of sunlight coming in,....daylight harvesting at a
> fraction of the cost...HUGE SAVINGS.

> Hopefully the bulbs will be on Home Depot and Wal Mart shelves soon.

> -------------------------------------
> unfrostedpoptart wrote:

>> I've just been reading about VU1's new ESL bulb technology
>> (http://
>> www.vu1.com).  Looks really good and seems to address a lot of the
>> problems of CFL and LED. They specifically talk about (and show)
>> that
>> it dims smoothly on normal dimmers.  I was wondering if anyone
>> knows
>> how they would work with X10/Insteon/etc electronic dimmers and
>> the
>> infamous local-control problems.

>> I've given up on adding any more HA gear until there's a good,
>> inexpensive, high-efficiency, light bulb available that I can
>> actually
>> dim!

>>  David

|            http://forums.cabling-design.com/             |
|              *** a better way to USENET ***              |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
|   comp.home.automation - 16673 messages and counting!    |