Re: What is X-10?

X10 is still around because it is good value home automation. There are more
reliable systems, but at five times the cost. I have over 100 X10 control
points and have 95% command reliability which isn't bad for the investment
price.  Also Smarthome.com offers 2-way modules reporting back a status
change, so system can be closed loop if desired. X10 has been around since
1979 and is long on tooth, but Z-Wave, UPB, Insteon aren't exactly winning
the market because people are afraid of spending a small fortune on home
automation only to find out they bought another Betamax VCR or HD format DVD
player.