Re: What is X-10?

I laughed for 15 years when my 300watt halogen came on work day mornings and
brightened over the period of an hour to wake me up gently for work each
day.

It didn't work very well because it never did it on weekends or statutory
holidays for some reason and the damn light would blink five times if I
didn't get up at the critical time for getting to work. Damn thing knew I
was still in bed, somehow. The kitchen sink light would start to blink if I
was still in the kitchen at the critical "get-in-the-car" time also. Must
have been defective or something.

My deck lights used to flash if somebody came to the front door or walked
around the side of my house too. I was glad not to get caught nude
sunbathing by family and visitors but that thing was a joke too.

Yup, I laughed at the stupid thing. What a joke.