Re: VU1 ESL bulbs with HA dimmers?

aloe65 had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/homeautomation/Re-VU1-ESL-bulbs-with-HA-dimmers-18576-.htm
 :
PSPM is the superior bulb, not just in price but in overall quality.  VU1
hasn't produced anything close to the PSPM bulb.  On the contrary, it
sounds like you are nervous about the PSPM product hitting the market and
drowning out ESL technology.

-------------------------------------

http://forums.cabling-design.com/homeautomation/Re-VU1-ESL-bulbs-with-HA-dimmers-18555-.htm

http://forums.cabling-design.com/homeautomation/VU1-ESL-bulbs-with-HA-dimmers-18550-.htm

>>> www.vu1.com).  Looks really good and seems to address a lot of
>>> the
>>> problems of CFL and LED. They specifically talk about (and
>>> show)
>>> that
>>> it dims smoothly on normal dimmers.  I was wondering if anyone
>>> knows
>>> how they would work with X10/Insteon/etc electronic dimmers
>>> and
>>> the
>>> infamous local-control problems.

>>> I've given up on adding any more HA gear until there's a good,
>>> inexpensive, high-efficiency, light bulb available that I can
>>> actually
>>> dim!

>>>  David

|            http://forums.cabling-design.com/             |
|              *** a better way to USENET ***              |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
|   comp.home.automation - 16676 messages and counting!    |