Re: Signal Bridging Questions...

There is no way to test either the signal bridge or the X10 signal strength
with just a multimeter.  The 4816H is really nothing more than a
series-resonant circuit comprised of 0.1uF capacitor and a 18uH choke.  It
presents a low impedance at 120KHz.

The problem is most likely due to electrical devices added recently that
either attenuate X10 signal levels, or generate noise that makes it
difficult or impossible for a receiving module to correctly decode commands.
The solution is to either identify and isolate the offending devices with
filters, or increase the signal levels.

I wrote a X10 troubleshooting series that should help:
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Jeff