Re: Help th idiot with simple 1-wire setup ...

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:52:02 -0800 (PST), dogfuel <joseph.b.baird@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message
<a000af2c-d3d0-4cb1-b7c6-04834a9bc564@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>If I need to monitor two normally-open switches and log when and how
>long they are closed, I can do this with a DS9490R USB bridge and a
>D22 Channel Digital I/O 1-Wire Card ... correct???
>
>The software to monitor is no problem for me but I am new to data
>acquisition and monitoring.
>
>Thanks in advance!!!

What is a "D22 Channel Digital I/O 1-Wire Card" ?

Yes, a 1-wire DS9490R will connect a USB port on a computer to a 1-wire
integrated circuit such as a DS2450 that could be used to sense contact
closure.

Depending on your application, you may find the 1-wire system to be neither
very robust nor inexpensive compared to a $5 (shipping to US included ) USB
to 25-pin parallel printer cable/converter.

Search eBay for: usb parallel

Visit: http://www.lvr.com/parport.htm

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult