Re: Napco Quickloader with GEM-RS232 Not Working

John R wrote:

>I can't get the Quickloder software to see the panel. I have never
>used Quickloader under Vista. Does anyone know if it works under
>Vista? Any advice?
>
>When I try to download from the panel it says "timeout". GEM-RS232 is
>connected via CAT5 and the supplied DB9 connectors to COM1 on my
>computer. I have a PCI modem as COM3.

Check the COM port settings.  Out of the box setting won't work.

1.  Open Device Manager:
Start > Run > devmgmt.msc

Click "ports" > select "COM1" > "Port Settings tab" > "Advanced" >

Uncheck "Use FIFO buffer"

If that does not work.............

The next step would be to change the serial port number.  COM1 & COM3 can
conflict with other, just like COM2 & COM4 do.  The serial port COM can be set
in the advanced settings.

Click "ports" > select "COM1" > "Port Settings tab" > "Advanced" > (COM
selector is on the bottom of the dialog box)