Re: Open and Closr my Gate over the internet.

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:05:05 -0700 (PDT), Rodger
<rodgerdjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have a gate at the front of my driveway and at least once a month I
>have to leave it open for the power company so they can read my
>meter.  I recently got my camera system conntect to the internet so I
>can watch my house from work.  It is a novilty now I know.  Well I
>just saw the power company leave and thought how cool it would be if I
>could now close the gate.  The gate opens and closes with a standard
>garage door opener.  What would be the best way to do this?
>Thanks,
>Rodger

You could use a servo to push the buttons on the remote. I use
servos for pan/tilt cams over the web. The first link below uses
javascript to send a position command when the button is pushed,
and send another position when the button is released. If you can
see the gate with your cam, then you could push the closed button
on the remote untol the gate is closed, then release the button.
The bottom link has another pan/tilt cam setup.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/mousebutton-T.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm