Re: Open and Closr my Gate over the internet.

If your power company won't install a remotely read meter (best option)
then you could close the gate by having a device trigger an opener's
button. You don't mention what, if any, home controller you have so,
assuming you have none, you could use a simple timer set to close the
gate after the usual time he reads the meter. Another method would be to
use a motion detector by the meter. When motion is detected, there is a
5 minute delay using an inexpensive 555 timer circuit and then it
closes.