XTBIIR Install

Hi Jeff,

I received the XTBIIR unit and have it installed. First, it's really a nice
piece of work from a design and construction standpoint. I was running some
pre and post tests and was wondering if you could explain what I was seeing
on the ESM-1. I have a light controlled by an X10 motion detector. The ESM-1
showed a single 5 bar signal from the motion sensor, but when I tripped the
light using a palm pad controller I see what looks like two signals, a 2 bar
signal followed by a 5 bar signal. What's the difference between the two
signal sources. These tests were done pre XTB install and I have no other
repeaters or couplers installed, just a CM11A. After the XTB install I still
see the same one signal, two signal difference between the two sources,
although at a higher level. The single signal is a full 10 bar, and no doubt
more, and the two signal reading is 8 bars and 10 + bars.

I am glad you mentioned in the instructions that installing the power cord
would be easier if the board was removed from the case.  I would have been
more hesitent to do so other wise, but it certainly was a great deal easier.
I don't supose you know of a rubber plug for the RJ socket. Since it's
installed on the top of the unit, I would think it should be covered to
protect it against dust and dirt if it's not being used.

Thanks
Dennis Raher