Re: Open and Closr my Gate over the internet.

> The only thing I have really seen is x10 stuff.  I did purchase a
> camera set from them about 4 years ago and was so disappointed in how
> much you had to setup to get it to record to a VCR.  I did purchase
> the USB connector so I could get it on my PC, but could never get that
> to work.  So needless to say I do not have a lot of confidence in
> them.

X10 generally is crap.  But their video is not the same technology as their
RF remotes and powerline devices.  About the only thing from X10 that
doesn't completely suck is their RF remotes.  The video senders are garbage
as are the powerline devices.  But at least the powerline devices can be
made to 'suck less' using 3rd party devices.  Your simplest solution might
be to start with a powerline X10 relay control and one of the many PC-to-X10
interfaces.

-Bill Kearney