Re: Open and Closr my Gate over the internet.

Rodger wrote:
> I have a gate at the front of my driveway and at least once a month I
> have to leave it open for the power company so they can read my
> meter.  I recently got my camera system conntect to the internet so I
> can watch my house from work.  It is a novilty now I know.  Well I
> just saw the power company leave and thought how cool it would be if I
> could now close the gate.  The gate opens and closes with a standard
> garage door opener.  What would be the best way to do this?
> Thanks,
> Rodger

You haven't mentioned what (if any) home alarm equipment you have.  My
partner has a similar setup at his house.  He leaves the gate open in
the morning twice a week so that the maid service can freely enter, do
their job, and leave.  He has an Ademco Vista 128FB and uses the
telephone line interface to dial up the system to close the gate and arm
the outputs on the DVR.  If your gate system utilizes a wireless remote,
it would be fairly simple to bypass the button on the remote and wire
the contacts directly to a relay that you can control remotely.