Re: Open Source

Bill Kearney wrote:
>> Usenet is still full of people who will make every possible excuse for
>> stupid decisions made by manufacturers and "industry groups" instead of
>> calling them on their bullshit when it is well-beyond deserved.
>
> Usenet's also full of jackasses like you screaming about vendor conspiracies
> and the like.  Somehow the manufacturers and industry groups thrive despite
> your insane ravings.
>
>> 1. A person with an existing dock who is retrofitting for home automation
>> can spend a couple THOUSAND dollars to have an outdoor outlet
>
> If you're spending that sort of money you're even dumber than you've let on.
>
>> 2. That same person can buy a $60 X10 switch and install that instead, and
>> it works instantly.
>
> Except when it doesn't.  Which is often.

Uh huh.

Number of failures at my dock with said $60 X10 switches in my Gazebo
and Dock over the last five years?

Zero.

Next horseshit line of argument please.

PS: Some X10 devices can report status, IF you have an intelligent
controller - most aren't.

10 years on, Usenet is still the most useless sources of
"disinformation" on the planet.

Amazing.

--
Karl Denninger (karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)