Re: Need help with Compact Fluorescent

> The quietest exhaust fans I've found mount in the attic, away from the
> fixture.  I had one in a bathroom we remodeled in my CT home.  The light
> fixture was bright and the fan was almost inaudible.  You can use a "duct
> booster" fan for the job.  Also, depending on the size and shape of your
> bathroom, it may be more effective to use a separate vent and light.

Yep, put a Fantech unit in ours and it's great.  The air moving through the
grille makes just enough noise to let you know it's running.  But no fan
racket at all.  During the renovation and sanding drywall it was interesting
it pulling dust from 6' away.

That and they make a low voltage lamp assembly that fits into the center of
the grille.  Light and exhaust right where you need it without undue AC
voltage risk.