Re: Need help with Compact Fluorescent

> It is so dark with this light in the bathroom.  I am desperately
> trying to get a brighter light...I searched all over the internet.

If the bulb is even a few months old, the constant use it sees in a bathroom
may have caused it to darken considerably.  Bathroom CFLs see very early
degradation because of the typically large number of short on/off cycles per
day.  If it's older than a few months, you should notice a substantial
improvement in the amount of light emitted from the fixture by replacing the
current bulb with a brand new one.

Have you contacted NuTone?  Does there appear to be enough space for a
larger bulb?  A brighter CFL most often means a larger one.  Even if there's
enough space, you have to abide by the wattage and bulb recommendation
marked on the fixture.  It may be that the built-in ballast can't power a
larger bulb.

Installing a second light or a new fan with a larger light bulb(s) would be
the best option, though.  In this horrible housing downturn, I find
contractors are much more willing to return calls and discount their work.
Make some calls.  The electrical lines are already run to the ceiling.  It's
a matter of cutting another hole and "teeing" off the existing unit's wiring
and it might even be possible to do it without needing any repainting.

There's considerable evidence to suggest that living with dim lighting
causes people to become depressed.  I had to add multiple lights to my dim
little bathroom (a single glass fixture over the vanity mirror!) but it was
worth the effort.

--
Bobby G.