Re: Ceiling Fans...

While it's not really an HA solution, many fans are now available with
thermostatically controlled remotes - even those at HD or Lowe's for
under $200. If the fan you like doesn't come with it, you can buy a
retrofit kit for about $40.  You could still use X10 to control the
power so that the fan can be turned on and off remotely so it won't
operate when you're not home and when it is on the thermostatic remote
will regulate the speed and length of time based on room temp.