Re: Does any wall dimmer have overload protection?

Peter,

 If the reason you're switching from X10 is for signal reliability let
me suggest that you try one of Jeff Volp's XTB-IIR units first. It is a
truly amazing device that is far better than any
repeater/booster/coupler solution you may have tried.  I switched to
Insteon before the XTB-IIR came out but I still put one in and run some
X10 devices with it.  In my new second home I'm putting in all the X10
stuff I took out along with an XTB-IIR and I don't expect any problems.

The new technologies are nice but a bit cumbersome to manage and none of
them offer a truly sophisticated whole house controller.