Does any wall dimmer have overload protection?

I have a remote wall switch that controls an outlet that I plug a lamp into.
This allows me to turn on/off the lamp from a remote and from the wall
switch.

Currently, this wall swtich is x10. Based on past experience, if I
accidently plug in a vacuum cleaner into the switched outlet (there are two
in this room), it would fry the dimmer.

I'm about to replace this wall dimmer with an insteon or z-wave based
dimmer. Do any of these offer better protection against overload (vacuum
cleaner, hair dryer, etc)?