Re: Does any wall dimmer have overload protection?

Peter
I don't think anyone really answered your question. The easy answer is NO.
Even if you went to a 1000 watt dimmer, the starting surge of a vacuum would
likely blow the triac in the dimmer. And as other posters have noted dimmers
only play nice with incandescent bulbs. Maybe you should simply put a label
on the outlet so the housekeeper won't plug the Dyson in those outlets.