Re: Does any wall dimmer have overload protection?

> One code-compliant solution is to use a switch (not a dimmer) on the wall.
> With INSTEON, you can use a dimmer on the wall (which may or may not have
> any load hardwired to it) 'linked' over the powerline to a lamplinc at the
> outlet.  This works great in my experience, solves your vacuum cleaner
> problem and is code compliant.

Perfect solution! Thanks.

I checked smarthome.com and they even have a video showing how to link the
switchlinc (in wall dimmer) to a lamplinc.

I checked the z-wave dimmer page and there is no such info. Does that mean
z-wave in-wall dimmer cannot be linked to a plug-in dimmer?