Re: Does any wall dimmer have overload protection?

ACT made a TK134 wall mounted transmitter which could send off/on/
bright/dim (+ more).  You could remove your existing wall switch and
wire the duplex always on.  Then install something like a TK134 in the
place of your current wall switch, and install a plug-in lamp module
at the now always hot receptacle.  You would need a neutral at the
wall switch for this to work.