Re: Need help with Compact Fluorescent

Assuming you've tried a new bulb with no improvement your only option -
if you're not very handy as you mentioned - is to replace the fixture
with a new fan/light unit that uses a standard bulb base.  That way you
can try another compact flourescent or go back to a standard
incandescent bulb.  Since the light is not usually left on for long
periods of time, a standard bulb won't cost a lot more operate.  You
could also have a light installed over the mirror which would provide
much better light for touching up makeup as it reflects off the face
better.