Re: Need help with Compact Fluorescent

Even a max wattage standard incandescent doesn't produce much light out of
our Nutone fan/light fixtures.  I was surprised how much light that plastic
diffuser blocks.  It was MUCH brighter when the cover was off while we
painted the ceiling.  I tried one of those extra bright "krypton" bulbs, but
it didn't help that much.  A separate light for general illumination is
pretty much necessary.

Jeff