Re: insteon delay

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:12:26 GMT, "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <uXLKj.155197$cQ1.64001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>"peter" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I just bought an insteon starter kit to replace my x10 system. After I set
>>it up, I discover there is a delay between pressing the button on the
>>remotelink and the light turning on/off. This is one of the things I hate
>>about x10. Very disappointed insteon also has this problem.
>
>Sorry to jump in late here, but your other post prompted a reply to this
>thread.  (A dimmer-controlled receptacle is against code.)
>
>As you probably know, the X10 protocol takes 22 cycles of the AC waveform to
>send a command.

snip

Earlier I asked peter if he was using the INSTEON starter kit in X-10 or
INSTEON mode.  He replied to the effect that he was using it in whatever was
the default (out-of-the-box) mode.  I subsequently looked at the
INSTEON/Smarthome site and found that the starter kit is billed as
INSTEON-only.

INSTEON RF is part of the mostly unimplemented INSTEON "dual-mesh" system and
is not 'compatible' with X-10 RF.  INSTEON continues to post misleading
information on the dual-mesh" nature of INSTEON which still has not been
implemented even to the extent that they claimed when INSTEON was initially
released about three years ago.

I'm still curious about how long the delay that peter experiences is.

... Marc

Visit my ongoing Home Automation and Electronics Internet Porch Sale at
www.ECOntrol.org/porch_sale.htm

Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org