Re: insteon delay

> <snip>
> INSTEON RF is part of the mostly unimplemented INSTEON "dual-mesh"
> system and is not 'compatible' with X-10 RF.  INSTEON continues to
> post misleading information on the dual-mesh" nature of INSTEON which
> still has not been implemented even to the extent that they claimed
> when INSTEON was initially released about three years ago.
>
> I'm still curious about how long the delay that peter experiences is.
>
> ... Marc
>
> Visit my ongoing Home Automation and Electronics Internet Porch Sale
> at www.ECOntrol.org/porch_sale.htm
>
> Marc_F_Hult
> www.ECOntrol.org

My understanding is tyhat the "dual-mesh" is comprised of two signal
repeating functions. One is that each unit repeats what it receives so
the signal is spread over the powerline and the other is that the access
points send and receive signals to each other via RF to inject the
signal into the powerline wherever they are thereby creating a dual mesh
of PLC and RF signal distribution.

While I have no experience with Z-wave, I did do a comparison of UPB and
Insteon and found that there were areas that UPB could not reach that
Insteon could but not vice versa. That, with the backward compatibility
with X10 PLC, led me to choose Insteon.