Re: MMIR X-10 Macro IR Module

"John, SW Missouri" <jmjones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1190436001.195907.269030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Bobby,
>
> Jeff is trying to scare you - LOL
>
> He's is referring to the fact that variables in Homevision cannot
> exceed a value of 255 (8 bits).  You can work around this by using
> more than one variable.

There are always work arounds.  The 8-bit limitation is isn't much of an
issue with simple things like timers or counting.  It is a factor with any
complex arithmetic, like linearization of thermistors, or applying a scale
factor calibration.  Unlike most people, I do a fair amount of analog
processing in the Ocelot.  And I run exponential filters on all analog
inputs to stabilize readings to the LSB.  That can be done in 8-bit land,
but it is certainly not as easy.

Talk about work arounds, after using Motorola/Freescale microcontrollers for
decades, almost everything in the PIC is a work around.

Jeff