Re: Linux Alarm Input

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:54:06 -0700, John McGarrigle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to get a server to recognise when an alarm system has
> been triggered. The system is running CentOS Linux.
>
> Basically what I am looking for is an interface that will connect via
> RS232 to the server, and take an input from an alarm panel (detect a
> certain voltage on a line I guess). The next step would be to find
> some software that will take this trigger and run some shell scripts
> for me...
>
> If anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate them!
>

> -John

Depending on the voltage levels from your panel, an X-10 Powerflash
module can possibly be used to send an X10 signal over the
AC powerline.  If that works, an X-10 CM11A computer interface
controlled by Heyu software (http://www.heyu.org) can receive the
signal and execute any Linux command or script you like.