Re: Napco Panel, X10 Use, HA Software - HELP!

> Thanks Robert.
>
> Do you know if your statements apply to the P3200 panel as well?
> It's about 25% of the price of the 9600 panel, so if it can
> accomplish my requirements, I'd rather spend the extra money on
> light switches. :)

The two are similar except for the number of zones, user codes,
partitions, events and outputs (relays, X10) supported.  For a while
Napco stopped supporting their HA interface (not the same as X10) on
the P3200 but the current release supports it.  The price difference
isn't 25% though.  The P3200 retails for ~$125 and the P3200 is
~$234.

> Also, do you know if the Quickloadr software will allow me to
> upload the config from my P816 to my PC and then simply download it
> to the P3200 (or P9600)?

No.  You will create a new "account" (Napco's word for file) for the
P3200 or P9600.  Don't be intimidated by that though.  It's not
difficult.

> Does the Quickloadr software take care of any conversion necessary?
> The reason I ask is because I have my P816 monitored by an alarm
> company that configured and supports the P816. If I can port all of
> the settings over to the P3200 without their support, I don't see
> why they would have a problem with me changing the panel.

If they haven't locked you out of the P816 you can read the essential
data into a file for the P816 and then just type it into the new
account.  There are only a few data items to be concerned with and
any station that supports the 816 will also support the others.  They
speak the same "language" to the alarm receiver.  From the old panel
you'll obtain the telephone number(s) of the receiver(s), the account
number and the reporting format.  Armed with those few items it's a
snap to configure the new panel to your station.  The P816 has a
default programming access code of 456789.  If that has been changed
you'll need to ask the current station to reset it to that number or
tell you the account number, receiver phone number and format.

On the P3200 or P9600 panel you can grant the dealer access to
program in their monitoring information for you if they prefer.  Just
retain the 6-digit code on the label inside the control panel.  That
will allow you to go in and make changes in the future should you
ever decide to do so.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass