Re: Z-Wave Pool Thermostat with Water Temperature Sensor

> I've been around the block way too long to buy an incomplete
> product.
>
> Besides - controlling pool temperature remotely (i.e. by web) is a
> fundamental point of my project.
>
> In any event, I think I found another option to consider.  Does
> anyone have any experience with HAI?  They offer a
> professional-level pool control system and Homeseer has a Plug-in
> which can interface with their thermostats (thus resulting in web
> access).  Here is their info:
>
> http://www.homeauto.com/Products/HAISystems/homecontrolsystems.asp

HomeSeer has been around for quite a while and they have plug-ins for
numerous subsystems.  When Rich was first developing the software I
supplied the test hardware (a Napco P9600 system with HA interface).
One issue you might have with this approach is that it requires the
PC to be running to integrate your systems as well as to allow remote
access.  The ELK system does not require a dedicated PC.  I prefer a
design that does not hinge entirely upon a central PC.  YMMV of
course.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass