Re: Z-Wave Pool Thermostat with Water Temperature Sensor

"Richard Kaplan" wrote:

>> I prefer a design that does not hinge entirely upon a central PC.
>> YMMV of course.
>
> Could you elaborate further?  I am uncertain why I would want a
> system which has the complexity of a hardware panel like the M1G.
> The M1G requires a hardware panel, a PC, and hardware sensors.
> Homeseer eliminates the hardware panel and works with just a PC and
> hardware sensors.  I am not sure what I lose by avoiding a hardware
> panel.

A stand-alone panel like the M1G or Omni does not require a PC to
operate your systems.  You only use a PC to configure it.  The
sensors are a constant since you need some form of sensor no matter
what controls you use.  The purpose of the M1G in this application is
to tie everything together and to provide online access to monitor
and control via the Internet.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass