Re: Napco Panel, X10 Use, HA Software - HELP!

kennethwygand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Robert.

You're thanking Robert, but responding to me.

> Do you know if your statements apply to the P3200 panel as well?

Nope.  They don't.  The 3200 has limited support for HA.  The 9600 was
built with HA in mind.

> It's
> about 25% of the price of the 9600 panel, so if it can accomplish my
> requirements, I'd rather spend the extra money on light switches. :)

As long as you're not intending on initiating tasks any more complex
than turning on lights (to a schedule), then you won't have a problem.

> Also, do you know if the Quickloadr software will allow me to upload
> the config from my P816 to my PC and then simply download it to the
> P3200 (or P9600)?

I'm pretty sure ou'll have to upload the P816 and print out the data,
then "convert" it to the fields for the 3200.

> Does the Quickloadr software take care of any
> conversion necessary?

Unfortunately, no.

> The reason I ask is because I have my P816
> monitored by an alarm company that configured and supports the P816.
> If I can port all of the settings over to the P3200 without their
> support, I don't see why they would have a problem with me changing
> the panel.

You'll have to have access to installer level programming as well as the
downloading access code and ID before you can do anything with
Quickloader.  If the company's going to continue monitoring your system,
then I would respectfully suggest that they will NOT give you this
information.  You will more than likely have to employ their services at
some point to "migrate" your information to the new control panel.  This
may also require a site visit to check on your wiring and connections
(any responsible alarm provider would insist on this).

Good luck!!