Re: FAQ?

Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>http://www.linuxha.com/ha_presentation/img54.html
>>>

>> The diagram implies that RemoteLincs both transmit and receive RF. Is that
>> true?
>
>I beleive so, the devices have to be registered with each other this
>is not done by the AP's. So it can transmit and receive. If it can
>receive I think it can have it's device table downloaded.

I've learned a wee bit more about this. When the remote is awake, it repeats
all RF so it's obviously a transceiver. I don't know when its awake or
sleeping (maybe Santa or Tony Bennet knows) but assume it stays awake for
some period after use.

Smarthome indicates there are more products coming that send/receive RF
which are always under power (i.e. not battery powered like the remotes and,
I assume, not dimmers that will run afoul of Lutron's patents) which will
also repeat all RF so the once diaphanous "dual-mesh network" will
eventually become more of a reality.

http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org