Re: 1.8inch MP4 Player

On Nov 28, 8:17 am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> More likely the sort that converts to GHB.  Better for selling to the
> >> raver crowd.
>
> > This brings up a serious issue.
>
> > With the repeated reports of poisoned food,  toys covered in lead paint,
>
> That's not the only thing we should be concerned with.http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071116/NEWS...
>
> > employees literally enslaved, etc., we've tried to stop buying anything
> > made in China.
>
> How "big" of you.  I understand there's a huge child exploitation
> problem in Brazil.  What are you doing about that (besides vacationing
> there and taking advantage of the very lifestyle that supports this).
>
> > The problem is their stuff is so ubiquitous it's almost
> > impossible to eliminate.  It seems like nearly everything you buy has at
> > least some component part made in China.
>
> I'll bet the laptop you're posting this from is made in China.  For
> shame, Bass.
>

> > Now there's another issue, a much larger one, with which I'm grappling.
> > Many of the systems we sell online come from China or are at least
> > assembled there.  I have no reason to believe that any of them represent
> > a hazard but I am concerned with the moral issue of supporting their
> > economy while they try to sack ours.  If they continue shipping tainted
> > products and using anti-competitive trade practices, not to mention
> > abusing employees, I have to decide whether (and how) to remove them
> > from our online stores.
>
> EVERYTHING electronic has origins in China these days.  You blame the
> Chinese for this.  Look to the US based manufacturers who are really
> responsible for this debacle in their "push" for higher profit and a
> greater return on their investment.  One way to "fight" back is to make
> sure everything you sell is RoHS compliant (a major challenge for you
> since you don't even physically see or "handle" the product you sell).

I had lead toy soldiers when I was a kid, I used to make them with
molds handed down from my grandfather out of plumbers lead.  I also
had a big bottle of mercury that I used to play with, collected from
broken thermometers and thermostats.  I'm fine.  The lead hazards are
way overrated.  What would one of you do if a CFL bulb was dropped in
your childs bedroom and broke?  Move out of the house?