Re: 1.8inch MP4 Player

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> Covered in lead paint, no doubt.
>>
>> More likely the sort that converts to GHB.  Better for selling to the
>> raver crowd.
>
> This brings up a serious issue.
>
> With the repeated reports of poisoned food,  toys covered in lead paint,

That's not the only thing we should be concerned with.
http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071116/NEWS01/71116035

> employees literally enslaved, etc., we've tried to stop buying anything
> made in China.

How "big" of you.  I understand there's a huge child exploitation
problem in Brazil.  What are you doing about that (besides vacationing
there and taking advantage of the very lifestyle that supports this).

> The problem is their stuff is so ubiquitous it's almost
> impossible to eliminate.  It seems like nearly everything you buy has at
> least some component part made in China.

I'll bet the laptop you're posting this from is made in China.  For
shame, Bass.

> Now there's another issue, a much larger one, with which I'm grappling.
> Many of the systems we sell online come from China or are at least
> assembled there.  I have no reason to believe that any of them represent
> a hazard but I am concerned with the moral issue of supporting their
> economy while they try to sack ours.  If they continue shipping tainted
> products and using anti-competitive trade practices, not to mention
> abusing employees, I have to decide whether (and how) to remove them
> from our online stores.

EVERYTHING electronic has origins in China these days.  You blame the
Chinese for this.  Look to the US based manufacturers who are really
responsible for this debacle in their "push" for higher profit and a
greater return on their investment.  One way to "fight" back is to make
sure everything you sell is RoHS compliant (a major challenge for you
since you don't even physically see or "handle" the product you sell).