Re: Integrated Alarms, Inc. are Evil , be aware!!!

On May 18, 3:24 pm, "BruceR" <razrbr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So why did you send a check for $251?
>
>  Ian wrote:
> > no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms wrote:
> >> The key is in the definition of gross negligence.
> >> It is much worse conduct than the common negligent
> >> behavior of some alarm companies.  For example,
> >> a relative of mine who has an ADT system (it was
> >> in the house when he bought it) says that they
> >> usually take about 10 minutes to call when the alarm
> >> goes off.  That is certainly negligent behavior.  It
> >> is not gross negligence, however.
>
> > I also have experienced problems with ADT here in north Texas.  When
> > my wife died suddenly in July '04, I had great difficulty in getting
> > them to fit two talking control panels (I have no eyesight for some
> > years).
> > They also had to completely replace the old system, which had been put
> > in for my late parents-in-law many years ago,  as it was found to be
> > totally nonoperative.  I paid for the work done and the new panels and
> > signed a new contract/agreement but did not realize it was for three
> > years. I had plenty on my plate at that time, Will, cremation,
> > estate admin
> > and so on.
> > So, on selling that property in June'05, I assumed the agreement would
> > expire around September of that year and if thenew owner wanted it he
> > could take out a new contract.
> > Some weeks ago I had a phone call one evening from someone who said
> > he was from ADT and that he had "been going through some old
> > paperwork and
> > found the sum of 380 dollars outstanding. Seemed it was for "services
> > and cancellation penalty".
> > I told him I didn't just write out checks for anyone who phoned me
> > with no documentary proof, and next day phoned the local ADT billing
> > office.
> > I was told there was an account for that address but in my late wife's
> > name, not mine, but they could not tell me if any money was owed, and
> > the promised call back to confirm or deny the debt was never made to
> > me.
> > I e-mailed them with full details and giving my full postal and e-mail
> > addresses, and received a brief e-mail acknowledgment.
> > Next, a debt collection agency pme honed and avery offensive bullying
> > type tried to frighten me into sending the money. This kind of
> > approach
> > doesn't work with me. His threat that I 'would lose my credit
> > rating' is irrelevant (in the extremely unlikely event that  I ever
> > need to borrow money, I could raise
> > plenty as I have  substantial equity).  Another guy claiming to be
> > from ADT phoned another day to suggest that if I paid 251.74 by
> > credit card,
> > he would close the account. I told him I don't pay by credit card if I
> > can avoid it, and certainly not over the phone, but would send a check
> > for that amount to the address he gave. This was sent off a couple of
> [...]

Greetings,

I don't want to talk for Ian but when I read his post it sounded like
he sent the check because the contract he was in required payment (and
he was doing the right thing).  He is just upset that after sending
the check instead of cashing it and closing out his account they kept
calling him from the debt collection agency.  He has made attempts to
resolve the issue properly (through payment) but they have dropped the
ball.

(of course, this is what I think he said, again, I can't speak for
him)

Hope this helps,
William