Re: Integrated Alarms, Inc. are Evil , be aware!!!

"Larry" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> kishbeach@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > The company name is "Integrated Alarms", a division of "Integrated
> > Alarm Services Group, Inc.". located at, 4545 Spring Mountain Rd., Las
> > Vegas, Nevada 89102.
>
> Well, fwiw, yes, you should have read the contract, but unlike others, I
> think this form of agreement is horrible and I refuse to sign ANYTHING
> which does an automatic renewal or gives you a short window in which to
> cancel.  Am I right?  Doesn't matter, I just refuse to sign. I believe
> it is called "opt-out".

Congress recently held hearings that revealed the average credit card
contract is written at a level requiring post-graduate education to fully
understand.  Many of the provisions concerning which rates apply to what
balances are nearly impossible to comprehend.

If you pay off your card in full and never have a payment go astray, you're
probably safe.  But God help you if you run a balance.  The "opt" out
options of other card companies aren't very good since they all tend to use
the same horrendously complex boiler plate.  You basically have to opt out
of having a card to avoid signing an onerous contract.  Living without a CC
is getting harder and harder to do in today's world unless you carry
thousands of dollars in cash.

A lot of times, when dealing with entities like cell phone companies, car
lessors, insurance companies, alarm companies and others, it's virtually
impossible to *find* a contract that doesn't seriously screw the consumer.
You usually sign away your rights to sue, your rights to consequential
damages and often to damages of any kind (in states that support such
nonsense!) even if *they* have been grossly negligent.  I don't know if
anyone's ever been to arbitration, but those who have could easily believe
the word's roots are from the Old French meaning "to have a tree rammed up
one's butt."  (My apologies if there are any professional arbitrators in the
audience but it's not my opinion alone:)

http://www.nolo.com/product.cfm/ObjectID/EE829024-37B3-4FA5-A32D6DCEF421A1A5
/sampleChapter/3/104/

--
Bobby G.